Beeston & District First Responders
PRIDE OF BEESTON WINNERS 2015
Could you Be a Community First Responder?
Do you live or work in Beeston, Chilwell, Toton, Attenbourgh, Bramcote areas? Would you like to join a team of people who help to save lives in your local community? We need more volunteers now to help ensure we can provide cover around the clock.
Our team of volunteer Community First Responders try to provide as much cover as possible each week of the year and we operate on a rota basis. To enable us to do this we are always looking for potential new volunteers who would like to undertake the training as a Community First Responder.
**WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT RECRUITING ANY NEW MEMBERS AT THIS TIME**
Full training is provided by East Midlands Ambulance Service. The role is flexible and volunteers can give as little or as much time each week as they can to be on call. All we ask is that each responder aims to give at least 10 hours of on call time each week. While on call the responder can go about their normal business at home or at work, but must be ready to respond in their car to an emergency call-out should they be required. It is a very worthwhile and rewarding role in which you can really make a difference to the lives of the people in your own community!
Requirements to become a Community First Responder:
* Over 18 years of age with a reasonable level of physical fitness.
* Undergo a Criminal Records Bureau Check (CRB)
* Have access to a car with full clean driving licence and at least one years driving experience.
* Live or work within Beeston, Chilwell, Toton, Bramcote, Attenborough.
* Be able to commit at least 10 hours per week to be on call from home or work.
* Able to achieve a satisfactory standard of proficiency after training.
* Sympathetic, with a caring approach to people and life.
* A respected member of the community with a mature outlook on life.
* Able to work as part of a team.
* Honest, trustworthy, reliable and compassionate.
Anyone who would like further information about volunteering to join the scheme can contact us on the contacts page.